Wendee Holtcamp |
| Science | Travel | News Briefs | Science/Faith |
| Professional Pubs |
My Latest Essays
Science/Environment Feature Articles
Married to Mowgli, With Children aired on NPR's All Things Considered on Nov 7, 2002. Scroll down til you see MOWGLI. http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/commentaries/2002/nov/
- Going Natural, about my revelations from the rainforest, will appear in the anthology, Chocolate for a Teen's Soul, published by Simon & Schuster in 2004.
- The Way Science Works, will appear in an upcoming newsletter of the National Center for Science Education (NCSE).
- Thai Elephant Rescue on AnimalPlanet.com -- learn about the sordid underbelly of elephants in Bangkok, and how creative conservationists teach elephants to create music and art. Won Kingwood College Faculty Writing Award
- A Grass-Roofs Effort. Secret gardens conserve energy and cool the air. Sierra Magazine. May/June 2001.
- Snooping on Red Cockaded Woodpeckers. National Wildlife Magazine. Apr/May 2001
- River-Hopping with the Manatee. Hooked on the Outdoors Magazine. April 2001. Photography by Matt & Wendee Holtcamp.
- The Delights of Dolphins. Bottlenose dolphins share their near-shore habitat with shrimpers and dolphin-watchers, but the balance is a delicate one. Texas Parks & Wildlife Magazine. July 2000.
- The Houdinis: Vote for the Slickest Animal Escape Tricks. Animal Planet/Discovery Online. Oct 1999.
- Turbulence Over Clear Creek. One of SE Texas few remaining unchannelized bayous has become embroiled in a tug-of-war... Texas Parks & Wildlife Magazine. Feb 1999.
- Love & Death on Turtle Beach. Live Expedition in Costa Rica - 11 articles. Discovery Channel Online. Jan-Feb 1999.
- It Takes a Village: Baja communities play a key role in sea turtle conservation. Animals Magazine. Nov/Dec 98. (See Photos)
- Watcher of the Herons: Profile of an octogenarian birder turned ornithologist. Animals Magazine. Sept/Oct 98.
- Beyond the Beach - Uncovering sea turtles' oceanic lives. California Wild Magazine. Spring 1998.
- Tampering With Eden: Exotic Plants and Animals Disturb Ecosystems. Albion Monitor. Mar 10, 1996. Named one of their "Best of 1996."
- Catalina by Land and Sea. Photos and Text by Wendee Holtcamp. Outdoor California Magazine. Jan/Feb 2001.
- A Moonlight Meander: Kayaking the san Jacinto River after the Sun goes down has its own special charm. Texas Parks & Wildlife Magazine. June 2000.
- Alaska or Bust! Historic Traveler Magazine. April 1999.
- Alaska in Miniature - A Family Adventure on the Kenai Peninsula. E Magazine. Jul/Aug 1998.
- Tubing Time in Texas: The Guadalupe River/ GetWetAways - AQUA - the PADI Diving Society Magazine. July 1998.
- Hostel Environment: Affordable Lodging for the Green Spirited. E Magazine Sep-Oct 97.
- The Rainforest at Warrawee: An Adventure Down Under with Colorful Australian Birds and Strangler Figs. WildBird Magazine. May 1997.
Dept. Pieces/News Briefs
- A Whale of a Toxic Problem. Field Notes Dept. Audubon Magazine. Mar-Apr 1999.
- Battle Over Clear Creek. Audubon in Action Dept. Audubon Magazine. Jan/Feb 1999.
- Cows in the Forest. Twigs News Brief. American Forests Magazine. Summer 1998.
- Snap, Crackle, and Flop: Backyard Bug Zappers Don't Work. E Magazine. Jul/Aug 1998.
I am interviewed as the "Nature/Outdoor" Writer in the 2001 Writer's Market! (Kirsten Holm, ed.) Pp. 594
Copyright 2002 Wendee Holtcamp